The ride and rise to stardom for Dr Abubakar Abdul Dzukogi began some sixty years or So ago when he was born to the humble family of Mallam Usman Babawacin Abdumalik and Mallama Safiya Usman Abdulmalik, both of blessed memory. As a growing child, he began his quest for education by getting introduced to Islamic education under the tutelage of Mallami Karatun Alo. No wonder he grew up a worthy Muslim.
Dr Dzukogi hails from Bida, headquarter of Bida Local Government Area of Niger State. He was to further his quest for western education; thus, he had his primary school education at Kutigi and Lemu town respectively in Niger State. He attended the famous Government College, Bida between 1970 and 1974. He proceeded thereafter to ATC/ABU, Kano, a division of the famous Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, where he bagged the Nigeria Certificate in Education. As was the practice, then he proceeded on the one year compulsory National Service of the (NYSC) and served his fatherland in Borno State.
While NCE, NYSC, and employment were more or less the peaks to some of his contemporaries then Dr. Dzukogi embarked on yet further voyage in pursuit of higher certificates. He today, is a proud holder of B.A (Hons) Mass communication, BUK (1983), M.Sc. Mass Communication, University of Lagos (1990), and Doctor of Philosophy, (PhD) Mass Communication, Benue State University Makurdi (2012).
In addition to these, he is an Alumnus of the University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom (1994) and holds a Certificate in Desktop Publishing in line with attaining e-compliance in ICT.
Dr Abubakar A. Dzukogi began his working career as a Teacher with the Niger State Ministry of Education. He joined the services of the Federal Polytechnic, Bida as lecturer III in the year 1984. He rose meritoriously through the strata and got to the peak as Chief Lecturer in the year 2005. Dr Dzukogi within the period of his services with the Federal Polytechnic, Bida, Niger State, went of secondment to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture where he served as Coordinator, Media Services in the defunct Federal Agricultural Coordinating Uni (FACU) between 1991 and 1999.
On return from secondment, he was appointed and served as Head of Department, Mass Communication (1999 -2006), Ag. Dean, School of Applied Arts and Sciences (2005), Director, Academic Planning Unit (2006 2008), Director, Directorate of Continuing Education (2008 2011), Deputy Rector (2011 2015) and currently Rector and Chief Executive, The Federal Polytechnic, Bida, Niger State (May 2015 to date). Dr A. A. Dzukogi has to his credit well over twelve academic and scholarly publications in National and International Journals. He has attended and presented papers at not less than Fifteen National and International Conferences. He is a member of numerous professional bodies amongst which include: Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR), Exams Ethics Marshals International (NGO) and Association of Communication Scholars in Nigeria (ACSN). He is a recipient of numerous awards of excellence amongst which are:
- Nigeria Society of Chemical Engineers: National Students Body’s Certificate of OUTSTANDING AWARD in recognition of selfless service to the students (September 12, 2015).
- Compliment of Commissioner of Public Award, Niger State Command.
- Pillar of Bida Poly Alumni Award in recognition of his immeasurable outstanding Performance at the 40″ Year Anniversary of the Alumni (29″ July, 2017).
- Institute of Corporate Administration’s ICON of Vision and DEVELOPMENT AWARD in recognition and appreciation of distinguished performance and Professionalism in service (10 February, 2015).
- Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) Nelson Mandela Africa Patriots’ Award as AFRICAN PATRIOTIC LEADER.
- Nigeria Union of Journalists, Niger State Council Award of Excellence/Distinguished Award as Media Scholar (5″ November, 2016).
- ICON OF NATION BUILDING in recognition of immense contributions as selfless service to humanity by Northern Tourism Journalist (NTJ) The Nigeria Merit Award (2017).
- National Association of Nigerian Student (NANS) “Certificate of Credence” as stride towards educational Development, provision of Critical Educational infrastructure, Youth Empowerment, Human Transformation for the benefit of humanity and the country (NANS 2017).
- Fellowship Award by the Chattered Institute of Public Resources Management and Politics, Ghana (2018).
- Award of Excellence by the Nigerian Institute of Physics for his numerous contributions to the field of sciences.
Dr A. A. Dzukogi is an academic per excellence and an astute administrator of note. Within the period of assumption of duty as Rector and Chief Executive, he has transformed the much-cherished BIDA STANDARD that The Federal Polytechnic, Bida is known has; to the envy of all. He has made a mark on all facets of life and development of the Institution, the staff, the students and the immediate community. His drive towards positive capacity building and development in terms of staff quality, infrastructural development and provision of suitable teaching and learning environment in the Polytechnic is a standard to beat. No wonder that the Polytechnic recently moved from being the 12″ best Polytechnic to the 5” position.
His leadership style is open and welcome to all who mean well for this great Institution in the legendary City of Ancient Nupe kingdom = BIDA. He is a grassroots man with a penchant for community development and peaceful co-existence. No wonder, the Royal father of his community, HRH Alhaji (Dr.) Yahaya Abubakar, CFR (The Etsu Nupe and Chairman, Niger State Council of Traditional Rulers) Baagadozhi, honoured him with the chieftaincy title of MAGAJI RAFI NUPE (Kpakoyankpa).
To further demonstrate all these, his tenure has brought about full reaccreditation to all courses run in the Polytechnic, completion of 1000 seater capacity Twin Lecture Theatre, Construction of Convocation Square and conduct of Convocation ceremonies long forgotten, renovation of Complexes and Schools’ blocks, improved Medical Centre and Services, the establishment of CISCO Academy Centre in conjunction with the University of Jos, Top UP Programme for Management Courses in conjunction with Kwara State University, Malete, the establishment of Campus Radio resident in Mass communication Department, the establishment of Polytechnic Microfinance Bank and of course, the introduction Degree Programme in Engineering and Sciences in collaboration with the Federal University of Technology, Minna.
Like our Facebook page and turn on notification to be the first to receive latest update on campus.
Thank you for your time and have a nice day.